There can be several different issues with your webcam, let's take a look at the most common ones and how to solve them.
- Make sure you use cable and not WiFi, WiFi might not provide the necessary stability for streaming.
- Your processor might be overloaded by running too many unnecessary programs or browser tabs. Close all programs and browser tabs that are not necessary for your work.
- Flash downloads and installs a lot of temporary files on your computer that can slow down your browser. Make sure you clear cache and cookies from your browser every single week to be on the safe side.
- Slow/blurry image: this is due to the camera settings, make sure you do not make drastic changes whenever you adjust the camera's settings.
- Pixelated image, wrong aspect ratio: this is due to a different resolution selected in the splitter as opposed to what you stream on the site. Always use the same resolution you have selected on StripChat.
- Blank camfeed: If your visitors cannot see your camera image, stop broadcasting, wait 2 minutes, refresh the page (by pressing F5 on the keyboard) and start broadcasting again.
- Black camfeed: No camera device is selected as a source in your splitter. Make sure that the splitter you use is exactly the same as the camera device you have selected before starting to broadcast.
In case you have a problem you cannot fix yourself or find in the list above either, feel free to contact our 24/7 Customer Support team at: https://stripchat.com/support